Last time I blogged about this baby quilt, I was moving to Plan B – decide on a pattern as you go along. So after getting all the little corners on and squaring up each block to 5″, I auditioned a number of solids for sashing before I settled on this green/aqua. The close up photos show the sashing color and the adorable prints.
With left side sashing strips attached, it was to the design wall arranging blocks so it appeared balanced. Once that decision was made, blocks were sewn into rows, rows sewn to horizontal sashings, and then rows sewn together.
I like to think I am finished piecing and ready to pick a backing and quilt, but I haven’t quite decided if to add a border beyond the sashing, what fabric to use if I did, and what fabric would be good on the back. The front is so scrappy, maybe a plain solid back to show off the quilting would be nice.
Next post: the completed quilt for baby Rose!